Monday, January 24, 2011

LBS - Laurent Garnier's Live / DJ 2011 dates






















Laurent Garnier is bringing his LBS Live / DJ concept to the UK this coming weekend - Circus and The Arches... And Japan, USA, Canada, Belgium Switzerand and Germany between February and April...

It will be the first time Garnier has played in the USA since 2007... he will play LIVE at the Ultra Festival in Miami and Poisson Rouge in NYC after playing Montreal in Canada.

Here are the full tour dates between now and April:

Thursday 27.01 = France / Toulouse / Tour Infernal
Friday 28.01 = UK / Glasgow / The Arches
Saturday 29.01 = UK / Liverpool / Circus @ Masque

Thursday 10.02 = Japan / Tokyo / Air
Friday 11.02 = Japan / Nagoya / JB’s
Saturday 12.02 = Japan / Osaka / Triangle

Thursday 17.02 = Thailand / Bangkok / Bed Superclub
Friday 18.02 = Singapore / Singapore / Zouk
Saturday 19.02 = China / Hong Kong / Volar

Friday 11.03 = Belgium / Anvers / CafĂ© d’Anvers
Saturday 12.03 = UK / Newcastle / Warehouse
Saturday 13.03 = UK / Minehead / Bloc weekend

Thursday 24.03 = Canada / Montreal / Telus Theatre
Friday 25.03 = USA / Miami / Ultra festival
Saturday 26.03 = USA / New York / Poisson Rouge

Thursday 01.04 = Switzerland / Lausanne / D Club
Saturday 02.04 = Germany / Mannheim / Time Warp

Saturday 23.04 = UK / Manchester / Warehouse
Sunday 24.04 = Ireland / Dublin / Tripod


L.B.S - Only three letters but several different meanings: ‘Laurent + Ben + Stephane’/ ‘Live Booth Sessions’ / ‘Loud Bass & Samples’…


"After eighteen months on tour with my musicians, I began to realize that I could get as much pleasure from playing live in a festival as I could from DJing in clubs. Whilst on tour, we developed a very open style of playing: interacting, improvising, and expressing ourselves freely, something that I thought I could only achieve through my DJ sets. It was obvious that after a long period spent touring round some of the biggest festivals, I was going to feel an overwhelming desire to go back to my roots (clubs and records), but the idea of finding myself alone behind two decks was impossible. So why not combine the two? Why not play other people’s records alongside my own tracks, played live? Why not put the two together to make one? After more than twenty years spent DJing, I really wanted to take it a step further. Sometimes, when I see other DJs playing out today I get the feeling that they’re bored, that they don’t get off on what they’re doing anymore. It is very clear to me why the idea behind L.B.S came to life because not only will it give my work a new lease of life, it will also offer a new and very different experience to club goers."

Straight out of the DJ booths of some of the best clubs on the planet, L.B.S offers the best of both worlds by combining the versatility and flexibility of the DJ set with the ability to experiment tracks live. Two decks, a Rhodes, several keyboards and machines will be used to create organic improvised four-hour sets guaranteed to work the dance floor.

"I especially want to carry on creating and exploring whether through Djing or playing live. But also, get even closer to the public than we can in a festival. During the live sections of L.B.S I will be developing and fine-tuning new tracks in front of (and with) the crowd to create the live of the future, but also to test out new tracks. We’ll be taking our time, something that isn’t really the done thing nowadays!! One thing is sure, the dance floor never lies… Alongside Benjamin and Scan X I’ll be creating tracks live for my next tour and for my future releases."

www.laurentgarnier.com

No comments: