Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Hervé 'Cheap Thrills Volume 1'
Hervé presents 'Cheap Thrills' Vol 1
Cheap Thrills Records
Joshua 'Hervé' Harvey is not content with being one half of The Count & Sinden, or one to rest because he has become a remixer nonpareil, re-jigging everyone from Bloc Party, Lily Allen and the Chemical Brothers through to Sam Sparro to Mark Ronson, Calvin Harris and The Prodigy. Joshua also needed an outlet for his awe-inspiring amount of output (under numerous aliases such as Voodoo Chilli, Machines Don't Care, Speaker Junk, Young Lovers and Action Man), so he set up his own Cheap Thrills Records, nurturing new, fresh and exciting production talent.
Just over a year old the label has already established itself as a leader of the scene and released land-mark records such as the club classic 'Mars' by Fake Blood, his own collaboration with Kissy Sell Out 'Rikkalicious' and more recently the soon to be massive Jack Beats 'UFO' EP.
This first CD compilation doesn't just collate these label favourites but also delivers eight exclusive new tracks and features an exclusive DJ mix from Hervé himself. The first exclusive track reunites Hervé with the masterful Trevor Loveys under the classic Speaker Junk moniker. The one-off new collaboration sees the duo bring back that those uplifting house vibes via a series of amazing breakdowns. Hervé and new stars of the scene Jack Beats deliver the next exclusive via the atmospheric but still jumpin 'Rainstick'. His Majesty André and Bloody Beetroots grab disco by the balls and unleash a massive club track entitled 'Puppets' while Hervé & Kissy Sell Out collaborate once again with a track ribbing scene-sters and hipsters entitled 'Everybody'. The remaining exclusives come from new artists you will be hearing a lot more from over the year via Cheap Thrills; Max Morrel (Hervé: "a very funky duo, with endless top notch tunes"), High Rankin (Hervé: "i have a feeling he is gonna be massive after hearing his next ep!"), Detboi (Hervé: "the Dublin connection with the big imagination") and midwest US duo The Glamour (Hervé: "signed these guys in spring, the first band on cheap thrills, and am producing their album, expecting big things in 2010 for these guys, look out for their first single soon").
2009 is setting up to be an amazing year for Cheap Thrills Records with the release of the new Fake Blood EP 'Fix Your Accent', the re-release of the classic 'Organ Grinder' by Trevor Loveys (The Count and High Rankin remixes featured here), a new Machines Don't Care (Hervé's collaboration project) album nearing completion, debut releases from The Glamour, Martelo and Max Morrell plus keep an eye out for Deeper Thrills Records coming in Autumn!
1. Jack Beats 'U.F.O'
2. Fake Blood 'Fix Your Accent'
3. Project Bassline 'Drop The Pressure' (Jack Beats Remix)
4. Trevor Loveys 'Organ Grinder' The Count aka Hervé's 'Big B Morgan' Remix
5. Action Man 'Zombie Dance'
6. Fake Blood 'Mars'
7. Hervé & Kissy Sell Out 'Rikkalicious' (Club Mix)
8. High Rankin 'No Money For Guns'
9. Hervé feat Marina Gasolina 'Baseball Bat'
10. Speaker Junk 'Outside'
11. Hervé & Jack Beats 'Rainstick'
12. His Majesty André feat Bloody Beetroots 'Puppets'
13. The Glamour 'Rubbin & Bumpin'
14. Max Morrell 'Seelikio'
15. Hervé & Kissy Sell Out 'Everybody' (vocals by Hervé)
16. High Rankin 'Clarence Baskerville 2'
1. Jack Beats 'Labyrinth'
2. Max Morrell 'Seelikio'
3. Hervé & Jack Beats 'Rainstick' Bushfire Remix
4. Max Morrell 'Back Yard Riddim'
5. His Majesty André feat Bloody Beetroots 'Puppets'
6. Fake Blood 'Fix Your Accent'
7. Gigi Borocco 'The Rhythm'
8. Speaker Junk 'Outside'
9. Detboi 'Get Low'
10. Fake Blood 'The Dozens'
11. Trevor Loveys 'Organ Grinder' The Count aka Hervé's 'Big B Morgan' Remix
12. Jack Beats 'U.F.O'
13. Martello feat Hervé 'Wasted'
14. Action Man 'Zombie Dance'
15. High Rankin 'No Money For Guns'
16. Project Bassline 'Drop The Pressure
17. High Rankin feat. Gyto 'Bubble & Squeak'
18. Dub Frequency 'Felton Skank' (Dub Mix)
19. Trevor Loveys 'Organ Grinder' (High Rankin VIP Remix)